Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Sure Sign of Spring

It's almost here!!! Every year I look forward to this very event, the Cherry Blossom Festival. It is my guarantee that warm weather is coming and the dead look of winter is gone until next year. Winter here isn't very pretty, it's only pretty when it snows and it only snowed once all winter... doesn't mean it wasn't cold! But the cold is only good when there's snow.



This week the Cherry Blossom's look like this:





But come next week..... it'll look like this:


And shortly there after it will be raining cherry blossom petals and everything will be in bloom! And summer will be here meaning extra hours of day light, bike rides, walks, beach trips, vacations, and DC will be lush and green.

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading about the cherry blossoms in our newspaper. They are beautiful!

    I can't wait to read more on the blog- you must be going to the gym lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! I can't wait for more posts-keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. melissa . . i am so glad that i am nosey. i saw "jumpin' . . " and thought that must be manda's blog and from her i found you. how was aaron's graduation. are you guys moving or staying in the d.c. area?

    ReplyDelete