Monday, May 10, 2010

My American- European Getaway


Every fall and spring we like to take a short weekend getaway somewhere nearby, and after 4 years we are running out of places to explore. I had heard about the 'Brandywine Country' from friends, but was under the impression that this was wine country and unless you're tasting there wasn't much to do so I never considered going. Well oh was I wrong! It was gorgeous! So much to see and do with the many mansions, gardens, art collections, historic furniture collections, historic towns, flower markets, farms, historic ships and cars, and oh did I mention it is the mushroom capitol of the world? At least according to the sign. It reminded us so much of our trip to England and France last summer, so if anyone wants to go to France/England, but doesn't have time, money, or patience for foreign travel I highly recommend checking out the Brandywine. We were only there for three days, but could have spent a week considering all there was to see and do, and we only hit a few highlights. There may be a return trip on the horizon considering it's only a 2 hour drive away. (Places we went: Old New Town, Wilmington where William Penn first landed in America, Historic Kennett Square PA, Art walk, Flower Market/Fair, Nemours Mansion, Longwood Gardens, Chadds Ford)

2 comments:

  1. It look so pretty! You guys have a lot of neat things to do where you live. We need to start traveling on the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip! Looks beautiful! No, I am not registered anywhere - yet. Hopefully soon, I am planning on doing it at Target and Babies R' Us.

    ReplyDelete