Monday, January 17, 2011

It's about time!



I've decided it's time to be a tourist in my own city. I've seen the Monuments, a few Smithsonians, Mount Vernon, the Pentagon, but there is soooo much more and since I am coming up on my 5 year anniversary since moving here.... plus what better way to save some money and instead of going away for the weekend we can stay local and save for the big vacation. Here's a few of the places I want to see:


Anderson House
Bureau of Engraving and Printing
Hillwood Estate
Arlington House
Decantur House
Hirshhorn Museum
National Air and Space Museum (both locations)
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens
Historical Socity of Washington DC Museum
National Geographic Museum
National Museum of American History
National Arboretum
National Archives
National Museum of Natural History- 's time to see the diamonds and precious stones- they are my best friends :)
National Zoo- Baby Lion Cubs
Renwick Gallery
President Lincoln's Cottage
Old Post Office Pavilion
Smithsonian Castle
National Building Museum
Textile Museum
Woodrow Wilson House
Capitol Visitor's Center
Embassy Open Houses (month of May)
Masonic Temple

I guess I best get started. Anyone want to join me?

4 comments:

  1. I should come out! American History museum is my favorite one :) If I'm headed out to DC, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - It has been way too long since I have talked to you! I am going to try and call you in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I do think you should post more. How am I supposed to blog stalk you from WI when there are no entries to lurk over? Geez.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! Let's plan something in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete