Thursday, May 17, 2012

Year of Cookies

Last Christmas I gave my husband the homemade gift of "Cookie of the Month" Each month I will make him the cookie of his choice once a month. I have gave him some rules so he couldn't get out of control, but apparently I forgot to include 'no making up your own kinds of cookies' rule. Thus this month I ended up creating the following recipe... Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Why does my husband like to challenge me? My simple whip up cookies on a Sunday afternoon just became more complicated. However these were a hit so here is the recipe to the best I can remember:

Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:

Blend together:
1 cup mashed bananas (2 bananas)
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg

add to wet ingredients:

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Mix dry ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 Tbl cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

add dry ingredients to wet until blended then add:

2 cups oats followed by 1 1/2 cups raisins.

Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.

And since I think pictures are fun and the fact I'm lacking a cookie pic, here is one from my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment